There is a various brand of USB microphone in the market. The significant rise of technology pushing this kind of microphone is more needed every day. Including Apogee that has been in the business for many years. Through its commitment in deliver the best product for various audio devices, Apogee produces two excellent products for a USB microphone called Apogee Mic+ and Hypemic. For those that curious about the difference and comparison of Apogee Mic+ VS Hypemic, you can start comparing by reading the following details.
Apogee is one of the famous brands in the world that focus on audio devices. This brand always brings the best experience through its professional audio devices for their customer. All the products are delivered with the ultimate sound of quality. It also full of inspiration, simple, but added with incredible value. So that none will feel unsatisfied with the product.
|Apogee Mic+||Apogee Hypemic|
|Product Dimensions||5.02 x 2.13 x 7.8 inches||4.88 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches
|Shipping Weight||1 pounds||7.2 ounces|
|Shop now at Amazon||click here||click here|
Apogee delivers two types of microphones consists of Apogee Mic+ and Hypemic. In general, Apogee Mic+ is the basic microphone product from the brand. While Hypemic is added with more premium features. For a better explanation of the products, mainly the features of each microphone, you can continue reading the next paragraphs.
Apogee Mic+ Features
Starting with Apogee Mic+ which is also known as a premium USB microphone and headphone output. Therefore, this product will able to provide studio-quality recording that suitable for voice recording, podcast, streaming, and instrument recording. In general, this product is an excellent microphone that consists of several incredible features as listed in the below points:
- This microphone is added with PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality that can cover up to 24-bit/96kHz.
- Launched as a premium cardioid condenser microphone in capsule shape that will bring the excellent result of recording.
- Include the feature of the blend for headphone output which can help to offers zero-latency recording.
- Added with several premium accessories kit includes a mic stand mount and a nice tripod.
- The microphone is an ideal selection use for voice and acoustic instrument recording.
- The product is also suitable to upgrades the sound of voiceovers, podcasts, conferencing, and interviews.
- Easy to use and set up since it takes no configuration required. Whenever you need to use it, just plug it in and record directly combine with any audio application.
- This item is also compatible with iOS, macOS, and Windows 10.
- Each package complete with essential cables.
- It is small enough so that can fit into any pocket, carry anywhere without problems.
The next microphone to discuss from Apogee is Hypemic. This is a super fabulous product since this product is equal to Apogee Mic+ but then added with more premium features. Overall, if you look at this stunning product, you can get the following features if buying it:
- All similar features as listed above for Apogee Mic+.
- Additionally, is the only USB microphone with a built-in analog compressor with a registered U.S. Patent 10,838,683.
- The product also a suitable microphone to perform singing. With the unique analog compression, it can enhance the vocals and manage the better result. Completed with three compression settings, it will give the user the freedom to choose their needed mixed recording. This feature also allows for a better balance on recording and gives more extensive processing and mixing.
- The microphone also guarantees a better and smoother acoustic instrument recording. With the additional compression feature, it will capture the fullest tone of the instrument. It also excellently gives better clarity and detail.
- Added with premium accessories that you wouldn’t get in the Apogee Mic+. Hypemic completed with a pop filter, carry case, and desktop tripod that can help to ease your recording activities anywhere.
Similarity and Differences
Through the explanation above, it can be seen that both products, either Mic+ or Hypemic, are suitable for studio-grade. Therefore, both will function for the same thing. The performance is almost similar in each type so that you wouldn’t need to doubt the quality of both products.
However, be notice that Hypemic added with more features as mentioned previously. Therefore, it gives a better experience to perform recording for many important purposes and activities. With Hypemic, you will get a fabulous built-in analog compression technology on the mic. Not to mention all the premium accessories added such as a pop filter, carry case, and the desktop tripod. So that it gives you a better experience of using the microphone from Apogee. Read also: Apogee Mic vs Blue Yeti.
Another consideration to make when you compare Apogee Mic+ VS Hypemic is the overall cost of each product. With the mentioned features above, it will not be surprising if Apogee Mic+ selling at a lower price. According to the official webpage, Apogee Mic+ is selling at $249. While if you prefer to get Hypemic, then be ready to add more money, since the official webpage sells this microphone at $349. You need to add $100 more to get better features and a more outstanding product. Therefore, not everyone might need this premium option.
Apogee Mic+ VS Hypemic
After reading the explanation above, it seems that both, Apogee Mic+ and Hypemic, bring the same level of quality and performance in terms of recording. Unless that Hypemic is added with the above features that will lead you easier to perform various kinds of recording. Furthermore, with Hypemic you also will get an excellent result due to the analog compression features. Therefore, it is no doubt that Hypemic will give better result at all.
However, you might need to consider that better performance leads to a more expensive price. You will only able to get Hypemic if you add another $100 for the cost. Therefore, if budget is a matter, then you need to think twice about it. If you feel that you don’t need a stunning result as given by Hypemic, then Apogee Mic+ might be enough. For podcasts and streaming, this type is generally suitable. But if you are working to record instruments for a more professional purpose, then Hypemic is a good selection to make. The choice is in your hand.