Talking about the brand Rode means to talk about one of the famous microphone brands in the world. This Australian company that started in Sydney has been successfully marketed the product including their studio microphones. Some of their specialty products that are quite well known in the market are Rode NT USB VS NT1A. Since both coming from the same brand, many people feeling confused to select which product is more suitable and meet their preferences. Unfortunately, there is not much information provided in the market about the two product comparisons. That is why, to help people getting more understanding about the two items, the following article will manage to explain it further.
Rode NT USB Features
Starting with the Rode NT USB strength and features. This is one of the studio microphones developed by Rode company with a detailed performance for audio recording. That is why the product is completed with the following features:
- High-quality condenser capsules which able to provide warmth and good presence of a clear and professional sound for broadcast.
- Completed with a pattern of directional cardioid which also manages to reduce room sound. It is also able to eliminate other extraneous noise during performing the recording activity.
- The product is produced with a smooth frequency response. That is why it sounds incredible to use in a wide variety of applications.
- Completed with an in-built pop filter. This benefits to help reducing plosives.
- The product also developed with a magnetic desk stands. This benefit to mitigate knocks and bumps. Furthermore, this feature is easy to remove.
- It has an integrated 360-degree swing mount that able to works for quick and easy positioning on a desktop. It also can be used in the mic stand or studio arm.
- Completed with a studio-grade headphone amplifier. It has a precision level control plus equipped with switchable zero-latency monitoring. This will help to eliminate any distracting echo.
- Consist of a class-compliant USB output which will able to work seamlessly with various kind of computers and tablets. It also simple to use by any kind of person.
|Rode NT USB||Rode NT1A|
|Best Offer||click here||click here|
|Product Dimensions||2.44 x 1.97 x 7.24 inches||15.25 x 4.5 x 11 inches
|Shipping Weight||1.15 pounds||4.5 pounds
Rode NT1A Features
Now comes to the next product Rode NT1A series. This also a series of studio microphones that completed with incredible features too. According to the official webpage, Rode NT1A equipped with the following lists of features:
- The product physic is consisting of a large 1” capsule that equipped with a gold plated diaphragm.
- Produced with a cardioid polar pattern.
- It also complies ultra-low noise. For detailed information, it has a self-noise of only 5dB (A).
- The product also provides a wide dynamic range. Therefore, it manages to use in a various range of frequency.
- A complete true condenser with an external biased.
- Completed with an internal capsule that shocked in mounting.
- The product set usually includes a Rode SM6 shock mount and pop filter. It also manages to get the dust cover to avoid any dirt for a long time period.
Since both products come from the same brand, they actually have several similarities with each other. Especially it comes from the best brand for studio microphones in the world. In general, the similarities can be concluded as the following lists:
- Comply with any broadcast and podcast activity. Both are launched in the same segment so that it will result in a similar output for the same recording activity.
- Both are the same way in taking the acoustic principle of pressure gradient and works on the JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer.
- Both also work on the same frequency range, from 20 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Consist of a basic warranty of one year. However, both are extended with the different years which will be described further in the next paragraphs.
Not only have several similarities, but both also consist of several differences. If we look at further detail, Rode NT USB VS NT1A actually launched with some different features such as listed in the following bullet points.
- Even though both coming with a one-year warranty, but Rode NT USB allows the user to extend the warranty up to another 2 years, while Rode NT1A allows up to 10 years.
- In line with the series name, Rode NT USB works with the USB power option. While Rode NT1A works with P24 and P48 power option.
- Even they both come in almost similar dimensions, but both come with a different weight. Rode NT USB is heavier with 520gr, while Rode NT1A is lighter with 326gr.
Another consideration by many of the users is usually the price. Even a product able to give an excellent feature, but those with limited budgets need to think twice when trying to get an expensive product. Such as for those who comparing Rode NT USB VS NT1A. It is important to get an overview that Rode NT USB is now selling at a price of $170 in the market. But if you plan to get Rode NT1A set value, it is now selling at the market with a price of $230. Therefore, they both have $60 differences. This might be something to consider, but it might be not. That is why for those who have prepared sufficient money to get a good studio microphone for broadcast and any recording activity, the difference shall not be a matter. Especially if they have used Rode for years and understand the capability very well. Read also: Blue Snowball Ice vs Samson Go Mic.
Rode NT USB vs NT1A
It can be concluded that overall Rode always successfully created some magnificent microphones. Whether Rode NT USB VS NT1A, both products have good features and difficult to select. However, the difference price of $60 has been showing several small differences in each product specification. Therefore, if you want the best of both items, then you better select to buy Rode NT1A.
In general, it also can see that NT1A will manage to secure you with an additional 10 years’ warranty. Not to mention that this version has several power options rather than Rode NT USB. However, Rode NT USB is lighter than the NT1A. That is why if you don’t like any heavy stuff, then Rode NT USB is not a suitable selection to choose from.